Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's Christmas in October!

I wonder how many people learn to play the piano just so they can play Christmas Carols at Christmas time? I would guess a large percentage. For the next 5 Mondays WillBailyPianoTunes.com will be adding a Christmas tune to the website. I just now added the traditional carol "O Christmas Tree" to the site. The arrangement is jazzy and reminds me of my childhood - everything stopped at our house when "Charlie Brown's Christmas" was on TV - it was an event at our house. Last week one of the adult classes was talking about how shocked they were that people were already decorating their houses with Christmas lights. I said, "Well, it's time, Christmas is right around the corner." They all laughed when I passed out "O Christmas Tree". Happy Teaching! Happy Playing!

2 comments: